Introduction as a new member

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

old flyer

Introduction as a new member

Post by old flyer »

Hello fellow flyers. I spend summer in Vermont on Lake Champlain and winters in Tucson, Az where we have an Ultralight/LSA field SW of the Marana Regional some few miles (bring it up on google) When in VT I hang out frequently at Northern Lights Airfield in S. Alburg and Shelburne Airfield where I try to pass on my wisdom of aviation opinion formed over 67 years of flying from J3 Cubs on floats to Boeing 727-200 and 32,000 hours . I soloed my oldest son in our C-170 when he was 16 in 1970 and today he is a B 737 Captain with United Airlines with 25 years in. During this period from 1946 on I have worked as a A&E,CFII, F/E, and Airline Captain now retired. I let my medical expire along with my CFII but now find I need an activity connected aloft and have been looking into LSA and plan to teach my youngest son who is 53 this year to fly, and it's still too expensive. If anyone out there has any questions that are not out in left field I would be happy to try to help them out. I am not really pompous as some people would think this introduction, just honest and long lived so far. 8)
drseti

Re: Introduction as a new member

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, old man (do you have a name?) I'm glad to have a more senior pilot on the forums - some consider me the old-timer here, though I was born in the year you started flying! :wink: I'm sure we'll have lots of questions for you, and maybe a few answers as well.

Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
old flyer

Post by old flyer »

Hello Paul : I hope the OLd Man comment was not sarcasm? I would think that is beneath a former professor. I still have 18 years on you, and probably a lot more experience. You may call me Captain BOB if you choose. For 36 years they called me Captain nice. :roll:
drseti

Post by drseti »

old flyer wrote:Hello Paul : I hope the OLd Man comment was not sarcasm?
Absolutely not, Captain Bob! I just didn't know what to call you. (I always respect my elders. The older I get, the fewer of them there are. :( )
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US