Also from Athens GA - Allegro 2007

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

FantcAir2007AthensGa

Also from Athens GA - Allegro 2007

Post by FantcAir2007AthensGa »

Just purchased an Allegro 2007 for me and my 17 yr old son to train in. We are both very excited about learning to fly. Thinking about hangar space in Jackson County but haven't commited yet. I bought this plane used and made the choice from info found on the internet. It was easy to find praise for this plane and hard to find much criticism. I would also like to compliment Mr. Doug Hempstead @ LSA America for his help in providing my requested information. In my initial contact with him I explained that I could not afford a new plane and that did not affect his willingness to assist me. It's good to find genuinely nice people in this business. I can also say the same for the seller of my plane. New to this so any info or tips from anyone will be very appreciated. I hope to have the opportunity to meet a lot of you fellow LSA owners! Tony
Flocker

Re: Also from Athens GA - Allegro 2007

Post by Flocker »

Congrats on your new LSA purchase!!! I just completed my SPC in March so feel free to hit me up with any questions.
Aviation Real Estate Broker
theskunk

Post by theskunk »

I'm a current renter with Doug's group in Sanford, NC, and several other Allegro owners/pilots frequent this board. Feel free to post any questions about your aircraft.

Which tail number did you get?
FrankR

Post by FrankR »

theskunk wrote:I'm a current renter with Doug's group in Sanford, NC, and several other Allegro owners/pilots frequent this board. Feel free to post any questions about your aircraft.

Which tail number did you get?
+ 1
Frank
Fayetteville, NC
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Tony, have you and your son picked an instructor yet? If not, that may be one way in which this group could be helpful. And don't overlook AOPA's extensive, just completed research on what makes an effective flight training program. Very relevant to you two as you begin flight training.

Best wishes to you both.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
FantcAir2007AthensGa

Post by FantcAir2007AthensGa »

Thanks!!! I purchased N2569X. It is currently located in St. Petersburg FL. I am trying to find the least expensive way to get it up here to Athens. Sure wish I could fly it myself. We have not decided on an instructor at this point but have joined AOPA. Any suggestions on insurance?
drseti

Post by drseti »

FantcAir2007AthensGa wrote:Any suggestions on insurance?
I'm using the EAA insurance agency. I got better coverage and rates from them than I was quoted by AOPA or Avemco. (You'll probably want to join EAA in any case, as they were one of the major forces behind the whole LSA movement).
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

Congratulations! I heard that the 2007 was a major improvement on its predecessor, model 2000.
theskunk

Post by theskunk »

FantcAir2007AthensGa wrote:Thanks!!! I purchased N2569X. It is currently located in St. Petersburg FL. I am trying to find the least expensive way to get it up here to Athens. Sure wish I could fly it myself. We have not decided on an instructor at this point but have joined AOPA. Any suggestions on insurance?
anybody know if i could 'volunteer' to go down and help them transport the plane back? I have no idea what the regs say...