Hello From South Jersey

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Mike B

Hello From South Jersey

Post by Mike B »

Hi Everyone,

I've been interested in flying for many years and now I'm at the point where I'm able to do so. A Sport Pilot licence seems like the right fit for the kind of flying that I'd like to do.

I've done some searches but, so far, I haven't been able to locate a flight school or instructor in the South Jersey and/or Philly area. I'd appreciate any suggestions and hope to learn a lot on the forum.

Thanks,
Mike B
Thanks,
Mike
drseti

Re: Hello From South Jersey

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Mike. There are some really great folks on this forum, from whom you will learn a lot. I understand that there is LSA/SP training available at Royal Karina Air Service, on Trenton Mercer County Airport (KTTN). Good luck, and have fun!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
designrs

Post by designrs »

Welcome Mike.
I'm from NJ too and drive down to Fleming Aviation in Gaithersburg, MD.
It's worth the ride though as they have 2 PiperSports, a SportCruiser, and a CarbonCub SS along with several instructors. Check them out.
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

designrs wrote:Welcome Mike.
I'm from NJ too and drive down to Fleming Aviation in Gaithersburg, MD.
It's worth the ride though as they have 2 PiperSports, a SportCruiser, and a CarbonCub SS along with several instructors. Check them out.
Richard,

Thanks for the information and Fleming Aviation looks great but a little far from my location. Maybe some day I'll have the opportunity to make a visit there.

Mike
Thanks,
Mike
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

drseti wrote:Welcome aboard, Mike. There are some really great folks on this forum, from whom you will learn a lot. I understand that there is LSA/SP training available at Royal Karina Air Service, on Trenton Mercer County Airport (KTTN). Good luck, and have fun!
Thanks Paul...I'm going to check them out.
Thanks,
Mike
designrs

Post by designrs »

Mike B wrote:Thanks for the information and Fleming Aviation looks great but a little far from my location. Maybe some day I'll have the opportunity to make a visit there.
Mike
Yeah, it's a bit a of a drive from NJ. What I usually do is stay a night or two and get a few days of flying in. The Extended Stay in Germantown is newly renovated and quite resonable.

Hope we get to meet up sometime too!