hello from chicago

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

skycatcherflyer

hello from chicago

Post by skycatcherflyer »

greetings everyone,

I am from the chicago Illinois area.... I just bought a 2010 Cessna Skycatcher for my first personal airplane. bought it last week and flew it home from Kentucky. Flew to kenosha a few times but not too much yet. so far it seems to be an awesome little airplane. I am based out of Chicago Executive airport which is known as Palwaukee airport.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Welcome aboard, SCF. You'll find a few very seasoned instructors and mechanics here...even tho' your new Skycatcher won't require much 'wrenching'. <s>
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

welcome to the forum from 200 miles South.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Nice to have you onboard. Enjoy your Sky Catcher, and fly it safely. (I flew into Palwaukee many years ago -- it wasn't known as Chicago Executive back then, and the main reliever airport was the one on the lakefront that doesn't exist any more. :cry: )
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
skycatcherflyer

Post by skycatcherflyer »

drseti wrote:Nice to have you onboard. Enjoy your Sky Catcher, and fly it safely. (I flew into Palwaukee many years ago -- it wasn't known as Chicago Executive back then, and the main reliever airport was the one on the lakefront that doesn't exist any more. :cry: )
that airport by the lake front was megs field... idiot mayor daley of chicago shut it down in the middle of the night shortly after 9-11 claiming security reasons....
drseti

Post by drseti »

skycatcherflyer wrote:that airport by the lake front was megs field...
Yep, that's the one. In the original version of Microsoft Flight Simulator (30 years ago!), it was the default airport.
idiot mayor daley
Isn't that redundant?
shut it down in the middle of the night shortly after 9-11 claiming security reasons....
Well, I can understand why. So many MFS pilots crashed into the Sears tower on takeoff, that you have to wonder if that's where the 9/11 terrorists got the idea...
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US