Greetings from NorCal

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

dbrown4bbl

Greetings from NorCal

Post by dbrown4bbl »

I'm a new pilot, in training, probably two months out from check ride & oral. I'm training with CFI Terry Miller at KTCY. I've been fascinated with flight my whole life, never thought I'd be able to fly for medical reasons, then I stumbled upon the Sport Pilot rules, had my 1st lesson 3 days later. [/img]
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

Welcome aboard. Do you guys still go to 1Q4? City wanted to sell it for a warehouse development back in 2000, but apparently 12 years later it's still there.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Welcome to the forums, Counselor, and good luck with your flight training. I wasn't aware that Tracy had any LSAs available. What aircraft are you flying?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
dbrown4bbl

Post by dbrown4bbl »

Yes, we spend a lot of time out at New J when TCY is busy. It's got a rough surface but it's nice & wide & not much traffic. Had two hot air balloons in the pattern couple weeks ago. And why anyone would want to put a warehouse out there in the middle of nowhere is beyond me.
dbrown4bbl

Post by dbrown4bbl »

Paul, I'm flying Dova Skylark N742FA, I think it's an 06. My CFI FAA a Sting but at 6'4", it's too small for me. 2FA fits me just fine.
Jim Stewart

Welcome

Post by Jim Stewart »

Always great to see a new pilot. You can't do better than Terry for an instructor. The Sacramento Valley has developed into a thriving Light Sport community. I fly a CTSW out of the Davis area and I have a friend a few hangers over that flies a Sting. Stick with it, start working on your knowledge test, and get that certificate. And say hi to Terry for me.
PP-ASEL, Flight Design CTSW owner.
dbrown4bbl

Post by dbrown4bbl »

Jim: I took/passed the knowledge test last week. I will pass your greetings on to Terry, I'm very happy with the training I'm getting from him.
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

Tracy is the home base of SkyView, a long-time Dova importer. At some point Craig tried to run a full assembly, so he's a spiritual predecessor of the Fantasy Air and Allegro operation in a way.