Hello from N. Illinois

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

dgaddes

Hello from N. Illinois

Post by dgaddes »

I registered some time ago but never introduced myself. I'm currently flying (renting) a Sportstar at Waukegan Regional. I'm a PP that was away from flying for several years and found LSA interesting and that it meets my needs just fine. I'm enjoying LSA but would like to fly more LSA aircraft and perhaps land in a partnership. But, in the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying the Sportstar. Look forward to interacting with this very knowledgeable group.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

If you'd like to explore the possibility of a partnership, I suggest you consider enrolling in AOPA's Aircraft Partnership Program. Free to members, it only takes a few moments to register & describe what you are looking for - criteria which you can keep quite broad or make very specific - and then view the various a/c shares that are available which meet your a/c and geographic preferences.

The other use for using this system is that you can use fairly broad criteria - e.g. any LSA and a very large geographic area that includes several major cities - and then scanning the a/c shares which are available will allow you to learn what a 1/4 or 1/3 share would cost. Or at least what someone thinks that share is worth. Share prices are of course negotiated in the same way purchase prices are.

aopa.org, then Aircraft & Ownership, then A/C Partnership Program
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
drseti

Post by drseti »

Nice to meet you, DG, and glad to have you posting. I have been using a SportStar in my flight school for 2 1/2 years now, and find it a delight to fly, as well as a good training platform. Maintenance has been affordable, and reliability quite acceptable. With almost 100 of them in the US right now, availability is generally good (third behind CT and the C162, I believe).

Jack's advice about the AOPA partnership portal is spot on. Good luck in finding a compatible group with a suitable aircraft, conveniently located.

Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
dgaddes

Post by dgaddes »

Thanks. I'm a member of AOPA but haven't looked at that section before. Seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here and great information. LSA is a great segment in aviation.