Hello from North Carolina

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

FrankR

Hello from North Carolina

Post by FrankR »

Hi, my name is Frank and I am a Sport Pilot student in North Carolina.

Since 1984 I have been flying Flight Simulator. In 1984 I was a salesman in a ComputerLand and I would demonstrate the Apple IIe using the Sublogic program. I was living in Chicago at the time and the program would start at Meigs and I would fly it to 22L at Midway. One day some pilots came in and thought it was so cool.

For the past several years my life has taken me to some pretty desolate places in the Middle East. I was showing an ex-Navy Crew Chief my skills in a 747 and he said, "that's it, you probaly got it."

When I came home, my new wife saw this interest and said, "why don't you take lessons?" I was instructed to take all of the wedding gift money and go have fun. I really married above my station.

So I am a Sport Pilot Student. I have 36 hours and I am getting ready for my checkride. I have lots of questions but these will be for other sections of this board. For now, I want to say hello. I have been reading as a guest for a while and I appreciate the wisdom and knowledge that is here.

Thank you for this forum.