First Post - 2012 is The Year

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

jmdewitt

First Post - 2012 is The Year

Post by jmdewitt »

Howdy.

I'm a long-time aviation enthusiast. Over the years (too many of them) I've wanted to get a pilot's license, but all this stuff called "life" kept getting in the way.

I've decided that 2012 will be the year, and Sport Pilot is the ticket.

I figure when it comes to learning new skills at my age I don't need to be in something that goes Warp 6, so the airspeed restriction doesn't bother me. Plus, my kids are adults, so one passenger seat suits me and the spousal unit fine. Daylight VFR limitation? Darn - I can't fly in crappy weather. Yep - the SP ticket will suit me fine.

Now to browse the forums...
drseti

Post by drseti »

Sounds as though you're just the kind of guy for whom the Sport Pilot license was designed. Welcome to the forum, and best of a luck with your flight training. You WILL achieve your dream. When you have questions (and you will), there are lots of answers to be found here.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
deltafox

Post by deltafox »

Welcome and enjoy the journey. You'll find that many of us using this forum are beginning "act 2" in their lives and have found LSA to be perfect for their needs.
Dave
jmdewitt

Post by jmdewitt »

I think the Sport Pilot license is the perfect thing for a mid-life crisis and cleaning out the clopset of regrets.