New Member and New Sport Pilot as of Memorial Day

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

peterx

New Member and New Sport Pilot as of Memorial Day

Post by peterx »

I have been reading and learning from posts on this forum during my training over the past year and figured it was about time to join since I passed my check ride.

My home base is HWV and I have been flying CZECH Sport Cruisers (Lots of room compared to Sierra and Eaglet's that I have also been in).

So far I have just continued to practice, but need to decide where to go and what to do for my first few trips. I have resisted the temptation to go flying over my house, after reading a book called "The Killing Zone"

PeterX
Sport Pilot
Bill

Post by Bill »

Welcome aboard and CONGRATULATIONS, PILOT!

Flying to "places" - even nearby places - is a lot of fun. It also helps you to learn (and that's what being a pilot is all about).
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Congratulations, Peter - yours is an accomplishment that will remain with you for the balance of your life.

Whereabouts is HWW? I don't find it in the ICAO list for the USA?
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
peterx

Post by peterx »

Thanks guys!

Just noticed my misspelling, I fly out of Brookhaven NY KHWV. Mid Island Air has a nice selection of LSA's available.
PeterX
drseti

Post by drseti »

Well done, Peter! You were well trained; Mid Island is a first-rate school. Give my warmest regards to Mike Belliner and Lou Mancuso next time you see them. Have fun, and fly safely.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US