Hellow from Bainbridge Island, WA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Kennesaw

Hellow from Bainbridge Island, WA

Post by Kennesaw »

68 now, got my private at 50 and IFR ticket at 53, but haven't been current in years, and want to get back in the sky, even if limited to little birds and daytime VFR. Bainbridge Island is not a convenient place for a pilot to live. Nearest field with a rentable LSA is Renton which is a ferry ride plus a drive away, and the ferry round trip alone costs $30 or so, so I'm planning to take some dual in a C172 out of Apex Airpark near Silverdale to get current before treking over to Renton to solo a Tomahawk. I'm hoping to save up a few bucks and buy a Tomahawk (despite the bad stall/spin rep). Hope to meet some other pilot oldtimers, both here on this site and in the real face-to-face world.
Only claim to aviation fame: I knew Bill Kerschner (of Flight Manual fame) well and flew with him (mostly in the "hanger").
zdsweet

Rentals

Post by zdsweet »

Hey!

I recently got into sport pilot myself, and as for airports close to Bainbridge with sport rentals...out of the blue aviation at Arlington, KAWO, has a tecnam sierra, a remos gx, and a champ, both light sport certified.

http://www.outoftheblueaviation.com/ind ... rcraft.htm

They even have their own flight school just for sport pilots, so you could get it there easily!

Zach
c162pilot

Post by c162pilot »

i have flown the C162 at Tacoma Narrows, not sure how far away it is from you.