Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Graueradler

Post by Graueradler »

Retired engineer from commercial nuclear power industry - 9 years ago. Aviator since 1992 - Cherokee 140 with about 900 hours. GA airport manager as retirement job - Airport of the Year awards from state and FAA for Arkansas last year. Looking at moving from the Cherokee to a light sport plane, probably a Rans Coyote II ES
bitten192

Post by bitten192 »

Welcome aboard. Me too. Retired Nuclear engineer. Also retired Navy Nuc. 1000 hrs CFI mostly in Cheetahs, Tigers and Pipers. I love my REMOS.

eb
Graueradler

Also Navy Nuc

Post by Graueradler »

Spent 8 yrs in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. Rode the Enterprise for 4 of them. Got out in 66. Electronics Technician/Reactor Technician.
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

HOLY CRAP, all these nuclear guys in one place, you all don't glow in the dark do you?

Welcome to the boards.
bryancobb

Yup!

Post by bryancobb »

I work now as a Pressure Vessel designer/QC guy and draftsman at a steel fabricator.

All our outside inspectors are ex-Navy nuke guys and if we are having x-rays shot by our outside NDE inspector, and one of the ex-Navy inspectors comes in... HE SETS-OFF THE NDE GUY'S RADIATION DETECTOR! LOL! Just Jo-Kin.
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]
Graueradler

Nukes Everywhere

Post by Graueradler »

Do you have any idea what a favor Admiral Rickover did the nuclear power industry. He had about a 2% retention rate in the nuclear navy so he had to keep training all these replacements. We are everywhere man.
eddieki

flying lessons

Post by eddieki »

I'm new Student Pilot with 8 hr's in.
I put it on hold about two months ago and hope to get back at it after the first of the year.
I am 80 years old and wanted to fly all my life, but could never affort it.
I saved up and joined a flying club at Dalton airport in Flushing, MI
nice airport with a paved 10-36 and a Grass 9-27 runway. I'm learning in a BC12 Taylorcraft. I hope to solo and get in the nessary hours to take the ckeck ride. before I run out of money and save somemore. to get in more hours.
Eddie
bryancobb

Welcome

Post by bryancobb »

Welcome Eddie,
I commend you on your new goal.
I don't have to tell you that starting out at your age will require patience.
Just keep chiiping away at the requirements at a pace that is right for your pace.

Congrats on making this decision.
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]
skypix

Post by skypix »

Welcome Grauer Adler!
Graueradler

Grauer Adler

Post by Graueradler »

I see that you deciphered the name, Gray Eagle in German. The "Gray" is certainly appropriate. "Sparrow"might be more appropriate than "Eagle". I picked a name that I could pack a lot of meaning into. I do fly, am gray, am part American Indian and have a strong German connection - lived there 10 years and am pretty fluent in the language. In true German fashion though, it does belong all run together. That does make it ambiguous. It could be Graue Radler (Gray Biker).