Greetings from San Jose

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

chrisw

Greetings from San Jose

Post by chrisw »

Hi all - I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, but I decided it's time I come out of my shell, say hello and start obtaining input from knowledgeable people about what's what in the LSA world. I am looking for the "right" LSA, and I have to admit that the forum's Roger Fane's kindness in taking me up in his CT last week knocked my socks off. I am trying to limit the number of aircraft under consideration and have to admit that I could see myself being quite happy with a Flight Design CT. And I'm sure people's opinions about "what's best" are as wide and varied as the whole "high wing/low wing" debate. But before I plunk down cold cash, I want to fly several other potentially desirable LSAs so that I can be comfortable with whatever the final decision becomes. I wasn't able to get out to the exhibition in Florida a couple of weeks ago and I really wish I had been, since it seems like it's going to be quite some time before the next such gathering comes together. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best approach in assessing different LSAs in the Bay area? Thanks!

Chris
rfane

Post by rfane »

Chris,

It was my pleasure to introduce you to the CTSW. I would still suggest that you fly some other LSA, and really consider what your mission is for the plane you want to own. Once you narrow your list down, contact dealers, and see if they can get you a demo ride, or point you somewhere that you can get a flight in the model.

Roger
Roger Fane
Former owner of a 2006 Flight Design CTsw