New LSA flight school in Santa Monica

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Charles Thomson

New LSA flight school in Santa Monica

Post by Charles Thomson »

Hello Everyone, My name is Charlie and I've just started a Light Sport Flight School in Santa Monica, I'm training people in the SportCruiser (Pipersport) and I wanted to come on here and say hello.

I'm going to need a lot of help from your guys over the coming months to make sure that the school is as good as it can be.

I'm not starting this school this to make money (I'd be mad right), I'm doing it because I was so disillusioned with the cost of training I had to pay and and the poor quality of the aircraft I trained in (old 172s).

So lets do this, lets make a flight school that is genuinely affordable, run by pilots, and marketed by satisfied customers.

ANY help, advise, or just kind words, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Charlie

310 800-8050
Santa Monica Flyers
www.santamonicaflyers.com - ***Still very much under construction***
Charlie Thomson

Santa Monica Flyers

Santa Monica's Light Sport Flight School
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hey, Charlie. Nice site you've got underway there. Sure wish you were doing this on the "other coast" - Maryland to be more precise. I really want to try one of those planes to compare with a Tecnam Sierra. One day I will get a brand new LSA but will likely be keeping my Ercoupe for another year.

Good luck with the school.
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--
Charles Thomson

Post by Charles Thomson »

Hi Bill,

Yeah we had a look into the database for you to see what we could come up with and it turns out that Maryland is indeed on the wrong coast. However do not fear, there are a few of these awesome birds round your neck of the woods (although sadly none in Maryland itself)

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry ... R&PageNo=1

Have a look and see if any of these are in a State near you and registered to a school or sales company. Good luck.

Santa Monica Flyers
Charlie Thomson

Santa Monica Flyers

Santa Monica's Light Sport Flight School
drseti

Post by drseti »

Bill wrote: One day I will get a brand new LSA but will likely be keeping my Ercoupe for another year.
Bill, in case you have any interest in the Evektor SportStar (or would just like to fly one for the heck of it), feel free to fly your 'Coupe up to Lock Haven. I'm a reasonably close flight from MD.

Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Bill

Post by Bill »

drseti wrote:
Bill wrote: One day I will get a brand new LSA but will likely be keeping my Ercoupe for another year.
Bill, in case you have any interest in the Evektor SportStar (or would just like to fly one for the heck of it), feel free to fly your 'Coupe up to Lock Haven. I'm a reasonably close flight from MD.

Safe skies,
Paul
Thank you, Paul. If this snow ever melts and the temperatures move above frozen daiquiri level, I may just take you up on that offer. I would definitely like to try on a SportStar for size sometime in the late Spring.

Cheers,
- Bill
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--