Sky Arrow pilot in N GA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

FastEddieB

Sky Arrow pilot in N GA

Post by FastEddieB »

A quick intro...

...I've been flying since 1975. I got my private at a Cessna Pilot Center (Opa Locka Flight Center), and then my commercial, instrument, multi-engine and instructor ratings at Burnside Ott in Opa Locka, FL. I then went on to instruct with them for a few years before striking out on my own.

Over the years I've owned a Cessna 150, a Citabria 7ECA, a Grumman Traveler, another Citabria (a 7GCBC this time), a Grumman Tiger, a Cirrus SR22, and now, my beloved little Sky Arrow. I currently have over 6,000 hours, of which about 4,500 are instructing and about 1,500 tailwheel.

I have a hangar at a private strip near Blue Ridge, GA (Blue Ridge Skyport - 57GA), though I actually live closer to Copperhill, TN (1A3).

Here's me taking delivery of the Sky Arrow, from Hansen Aero outside Atlanta:

...the Sky Arrow panel (flying along I-575 out from Atlanta towards the GA mountains):

...and my lovely wife, best friend and copilot, Karen:

I've put together a couple little YouTube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjlU_JlvDIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUxuaz_WbJc

If anyone wants to swap rides or chew the fat, let me know! Or there's a nice little Mexican place in Copperhill!

I hope I can contribute to this site, at least anecdotally concerning my ROTAX and LSA experience and more generally concerning flight instruction and general questions.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Nice!
Bill

Post by Bill »

Welcome, Eddie. Sweet airplane.

I've been up close to a SkyArrow several times, but have not yet flown in one. The visibility has to be wonderful. I have an Ercoupe and I'm happy with "my" visibilty - but you are out in front of the wing.
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--
drseti

Re: Sky Arrow pilot in N GA

Post by drseti »

FastEddieB wrote:I got my private at a Cessna Pilot Center (Opa Locka Flight Center), and then my commercial, instrument, multi-engine and instructor ratings at Burnside Ott in Opa Locka, FL.
I used to fly into Opa Locka a lot, when my father and sister lived in Miami. (Dad passed away five years ago, and my sister moved North -- all the way up to Ocala. ) Took my first lesson at North Perry, in a 7AC Champ. Great area to learn to fly!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US