Hello from Dallas TX

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

HornedFrogGrant

Hello from Dallas TX

Postby HornedFrogGrant » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I've been reading the forum for a while now, and decided to step out of the shadows to say Hi.

I live and work in the DFW area, the north Dallas/Richardson, specifically. I've taken a couple discovery flights with US Sport Aircraft out of KADS - Addison Airport, flying the SportCruiser/PiperSport. From where I live and work, you can't beat the location of KADS.

When I was a kid, I had many relatives and friends of the family that were pilots, so I've had a lifelong interest in aviation. Now, at age 35, I feel like I'm in a position to actually act upon it.

I haven't been in any other LSAs to compare it against, but the SportCruiser has been a lot of fun. As you can see, I've had a blast on the discovery flights!
Attachments
GrantFlying1.jpg
GrantFlying1.jpg (83.32 KiB) Viewed 1248 times

Scooper

Re: Hello from Dallas TX

Postby Scooper » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Welcome, Grant. As I'm sure you've concluded from your lurking, there's lots of helpful friendly advice here.

With ADS nearby and US Sport Aircraft on the field it sounds like you've got the perfect situation to jump in and join the fun.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XL-B LSA N601KE (KOAK)

drseti

Postby drseti » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Welcome aboatd, Grant. Please do keep us informed as your adventure unfolds.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
fly@AvSport.org
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US

Wm.Ince

Postby Wm.Ince » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, Grant!
Who's that chump to your left? . . . :mrgreen:
Bill Ince
CTSW
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator

ShawnM

Postby ShawnM » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 am

Welcome Grant, enjoy the adventure.

I own a legacy 2007 SportCruiser and love the plane, now the company, that's another story.

She's a lot of fun to fly. Enjoy!

foresterpoole

Postby foresterpoole » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Welcome!
Ed

HornedFrogGrant

Postby HornedFrogGrant » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am

Hi All, thanks for the warm welcome!

Scooper wrote:Welcome, Grant. As I'm sure you've concluded from your lurking, there's lots of helpful friendly advice here..

Absolutely, this website is great, especially for those of us just getting our feet wet. It gives us something against which we can compare our own learning experience and expectations, instead of going in blind.

drseti wrote:Welcome aboatd, Grant. Please do keep us informed as your adventure unfolds.

I've been following your AvSport website for some time now. The instructional materials are helpful; thank you for making such a great resource available. Maybe someday I'll have the pleasure of visiting your flight school facility.

Wm.Ince wrote:Who's that chump to your left? . . . :mrgreen:

Haha, that was the CFI, TIm. He seems like a cool, easy-going guy, but just-in-case, I erred on the side of caution. You know, since some people are touchy about having themselves posted online without explicit consent.

ShawnM wrote:... I own a legacy 2007 SportCruiser and love the plane...

They're definitely sleek and sexy, that's for sure. When I've shown a picture of a SportCruiser to my friends/family that ask, their first impression ass always been "Wow, that looks fast!".
Last edited by HornedFrogGrant on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izzy

Postby Izzy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Welcome to the forum. You have been bitten by the aviation bug so you're done.
Enjoy the ride.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”