Seeking LSA rental or partnership - Knoxville, TN

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

TnLonghorn

Seeking LSA rental or partnership - Knoxville, TN

Postby TnLonghorn » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi, I am a private pilot who can no longer obtain a medical. I am interested in flying an LSA. To my knowledge there are none at any of the flying clubs in the immediate area of Knoxville, TN. If anyone knows of a club (or individual) that has an LSA or would be interested in partnering on one in this area, please contact me. Thanks.

hirschr

Re: Seeking LSA rental or partnership - Knoxville, TN

Postby hirschr » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm

You might check these guys: http://oakridgeflyers.com/planes they have a champ that might meet the LSA definition.

3Dreaming

Postby 3Dreaming » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:09 pm

TnLonghorn wrote:Hi, I am a private pilot who can no longer obtain a medical. I am interested in flying an LSA.

Good luck with your search. Just remember that to fly under sport pilot privileges in a airplane the last medical you applied for had, to be issued and expire under favorable circumstances. Also if you have held a medical that expired under favorable circumstance in July 2006 or after, and you have not had one of the three medical conditions that require a special issuance. You can still fly as a private pilot under BasicMed.

FastEddieB

Postby FastEddieB » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Don't know of any flying clubs in your area with Light Sports, but as 3Dreaming said, depending on your situation BasicMed might be an option.

I live not far away in N GA, and I'm back and forth to our airstrip in Lenoir City all the time.

Let me know at FastEddieB@mac.com if you want to get together and discuss options.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
FastEddieB@mac.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”