2016 Expo

If you're interested in all things Sport Pilot/Light Sport Aircraft, this is the place to be every January! Mark your calendars. http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com

Moderator: drseti

FastEddieB

Re: 2016 Expo

Post by FastEddieB »

I guess I never officially reported on my 2016 Expo experience.

Probably because I barely had one.

It was great meeting everyone at the Inn for dinner.

Got up Friday, to intermittent rain, near Lake Placid, FL. Had our travel trailer there at a friend's. Drove to the show and got there around 10A, only to find it shut down. It wasn't immediately clear if the show would reopen, so I went over to Lockwood to use their WiFi to catch up on some paperwork. While I was there, met a friend from Tampa who also has a Sky Arrow and we had a chance to catch up.

Met my Lake Placid friend at the Hibachi Grill in Sebring, then back to the airport where it was confirmed the show was not reopening that day. Went ahead and bought a case of Aeroshell Sport 4 and a ROTAX oil filter from Lockwood. I had planned on looking for show specials, but figured I'd at least save on shipping.

Woke up Saturday to strong, gusty winds. Karen and I had reservations that night on Jacksonville Beach, and decided to pass up on the show this year. Having been to several back-to-back, I don't feel like I missed a lot.

Starting to think about Sun & Fun, since we have not attended for quite some time. Will let you know our plans if we do go in the appropriate thread.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]