Question about the Sport Pilot Expo

If you're interested in all things Sport Pilot/Light Sport Aircraft, this is the place to be every January! Mark your calendars. http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com

Moderator: drseti

NCPilot

Question about the Sport Pilot Expo

Post by NCPilot »

I know that during AirVenture, you can pay to test fly an aircraft, and I'm wondering if you can do the same in the Expo. I wouldn't mind test flying a few aircrafts while I'm there. :D
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

If you have a genuine interest in one or more LSA a/c, I don't think you would need to pay for a flight test. I didn't. But that presumes you are having some kind of dialogue with them prior to one of the Expo events and they 'see' you as a customer (vs. just a joy-rider). OTOH if you just want to scratch the itch of curiosity, some 'scratch' for that itch would only be fair.

Given the abysmal sales volume of LSA's since 2005's introduction of this new class, LSA resellers (dealers, retailers, distributors, or whatever other label they are using) would be nuts to ignore a flight test with a viable customer.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
Tad Olmsted

Post by Tad Olmsted »

I am in the new commercial hangars on the north side of the field (old Paradise hangar)by the T hangars. Feel free to stop in and say HI.
I have worked on probably every LSA on the market and I can definately give you some good advise on any airframe you may have interest in.
Also, I always have guys with airplanes for sale wanting me to try and move them for them. I'm no dealer, but I can pass along info if needed.
Tad Olmsted
Director of Maintenence
2073 US HWY 92 KGIF
863-446-3001 cell
[email protected]
AP 3352190 IA, Rotax Heavy Certified

DEPENDABILITY... the certainty of proper performance of duty
stevez2436

Sport Pilot Expo

Post by stevez2436 »

Look up John Hurst at Sebring Aviation ... he always has some LSAs available for demo flights. His operation is directly adjacent to the FBO.

He got me into an LSA about a year ago ... great customer service.