2011 expo

If you're interested in all things Sport Pilot/Light Sport Aircraft, this is the place to be every January! Mark your calendars. http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com

Moderator: drseti

goinaround

2011 expo

Post by goinaround »

Why no update? Any one going? I just bought tickets to Orlando about $69 each way. Air Tan and Southwest have deals during that time. I can't wait. :lol:
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

I posted a thread somewhere else in the forums and probably should have put one here instead.

I will be there Saturday and Sunday and would love to meet up with some of my fellow Sport Pilot Talk comrades. I am thinking we could meet up and goinaround could buy us all lunch. Tell me you are coming too Bryan, you have plenty of time to plan for this trip.
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

Havn't missed one yet plan on being there on saturday or sunday weather will be the factor on day.will check in as day gets closer.
goinaround

Post by goinaround »

I'm still undecided on where to stay, 1st night Orlando then ? Any suggestions, my wife and I are flying to Orlando thursday and leaving sunday, I think 1 day at the show but we are flexible. We willl probably stay in orlando all 3 nights but???
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

I'd welcome any comments about attending the Sebring Expo by flying in. Is the parking area on the field within walking distance to the Expo? Does the organizer run a shuttle? How common/uncommon are fly-ins?

Many thanks,
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
garbageman

Post by garbageman »

I will be there on Thu, Fri, & Sat--hanging out at the Tecnam, and Chesapeake Sport Pilot booths.

For Jack Tyler: Yes you can fly in. Parking for transient aircraft is in front of the terminal. The EXPO is around the corner to the NW, and is within a short walking distance. Go to the expo web site for more info. Last few years the ramp was pretty full.

David Sussman
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Karen and I are tentatively planning to fly down in our Sky Arrow (from N GA).

Depends on weather, and how Karen's mom is doing - currently in a nursing home near us and on a fairly rapid decline.

My pop in for day visits, then stay with friends at a private strip at Lake Placid, FL.

I'll update when we can start to confirm.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Not going to make it this year - recent death in the family and just need to regroup right now.

Maybe Oshkosh if things settle down.

Have fun!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
drseti

Post by drseti »

FastEddieB wrote:Not going to make it this year - recent death in the family
Eddie, my sincere condolences to you and Karen. Call me or email off-list if there's anything I can do.

In sympathy,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

Went to the show Saturday very cold and windy with overcast all day.Unfortunatly the weather doesn,t seem to want to co-operate for the LSA expo.Had some very productive conversations however.All the exhibitors where warm and friendly.Looking forward to sun n fun.
Jack Tyler

It was bad enough to be good...

Post by Jack Tyler »

As frfly mentions, Saturday brought low-hanging scud, a stiff & gusty W'ly wind and so, while it wasn't a particularly enjoyable day to fly light-weight aircraft, it sure was a great day to take a demo ride on a plane one is interested in! With many of these LSA a/c, given their light weights, short-coupled designs and relatively large tail feathers, doing demo flights produced some very entertaining aerobatics during the takeoffs and landings.

FYI the RV-12 I went to see handled the conditions very well. Really nice flying plane, all around. We were impressed...
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

I went to the show on Sunday and have to say I was disappointed. This makes my third year of going and I personally think this was the worst showing yet. Now granted it may have been the weather, or the fact I went on the last day, but I was definitely disappointed in the displays, vendors, etc. The only shining light for me at the show was meeting Adam and the crew with First Landings. I got an opportunity to see their camera setup first hand and I must say I was VERY impressed. Keep up the good work Adam.
goinaround

Post by goinaround »

I went on Friday and enjoyed it, got a demo in a Legend Cub, low and slow and awesome. Almost waited till Sat. (25 to 30 winds) glad I didn't. Wife said "sure are alot of old men here" :oops: We really enjoyed our 4 days in Fla.