Anyone attending?

If you're interested in all things Sport Pilot/Light Sport Aircraft, this is the place to be every January! Mark your calendars. http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com

Moderator: drseti

Mark Gregor

Anyone attending?

Post by Mark Gregor »

I will be there thursday and friday.

Are any sportpilottalk members planning to meet?

Mark
KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

I'll be there on Saturday. Everything I've seen is calling for good weather, so it should be a good show. It may even be a little bit on the warm side during the weekend.
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

will attend saturday or sunday cant wait.
AZPilot

Post by AZPilot »

Not this year. Made it in 08 and 09.
CFIIMEI
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

went to the show today great show much more action and display area than last year.Piper had a sport cruiser/piper sport on display.The technam 2008 was also on display looked real sleak.Jabiru owner said this was his best year @ sebring yet.Most aircraft had latest avionics (glass) panels.
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

frfly172 wrote:went to the show today great show much more action and display area than last year.Piper had a sport cruiser/piper sport on display.The technam 2008 was also on display looked real sleak.Jabiru owner said this was his best year @ sebring yet.Most aircraft had latest avionics (glass) panels.
I so wanted to go but couldn't afford the time getting out there and back from the left coast. Glad to hear it went so well. I'm completely new to the LSA market and researching everything that I can online -- it almost feels like I'm starting out learning to fly all over again. For that matter, this is my first post here. So when's the next real LSA show -- Sun n' Fun, one assumes?

Chrisw
drseti

Post by drseti »

chrisw wrote:
frfly172 wrote: I'm completely new to the LSA market and researching everything that I can online -- it almost feels like I'm starting out learning to fly all over again.
I know what you mean, Chris. I just recently downsized to LSA myself. 48 years of flying, 30 years of instructing, and I too feel like a beginner!
For that matter, this is my first post here.
Welcome to the forum!
So when's the next real LSA show -- Sun n' Fun, one assumes?
One assumes correctly. 13 to 18 April, at Lakeland FL. I hope to be there again.

BTW, what do you fly, and which airport in San Jose? I lived there many years (moved East 20 yrs ago), used to fly out of RHV, and was one of the founding members of 1C9 (Frazier Lake Airpark). Still have a hangar there, and get out a couple of times a year. Maybe our paths will cross.

Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

time to talk sun n fun 10 whos going?
drseti

Post by drseti »

Much as I would have loved to go to Sun-n-Fun this year (and had in fact planned to), I have too many students lined up, and don't want to dampen their enthusiasm by canceling lessons. (Yes, I know; an embarrassment of riches...)

To all those able to go: enjoy!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

drseti wrote:
chrisw wrote:
frfly172 wrote: I'm completely new to the LSA market and researching everything that I can online -- it almost feels like I'm starting out learning to fly all over again.
I know what you mean, Chris. I just recently downsized to LSA myself. 48 years of flying, 30 years of instructing, and I too feel like a beginner!
For that matter, this is my first post here.
Welcome to the forum!
So when's the next real LSA show -- Sun n' Fun, one assumes?
One assumes correctly. 13 to 18 April, at Lakeland FL. I hope to be there again.

BTW, what do you fly, and which airport in San Jose? I lived there many years (moved East 20 yrs ago), used to fly out of RHV, and was one of the founding members of 1C9 (Frazier Lake Airpark). Still have a hangar there, and get out a couple of times a year. Maybe our paths will cross.

Safe skies,
Paul
Well Hi Paul, and let me say at the outset that THIS is hugely embarrassing. I don't know how I missed your welcome aboard way back in JANUARY for Heaven's sake -- my humble apologies. You must think I'm a real dork.

I fly a Mooney Bravo out of RHV but have decided it's time to make the move to something maybe not quite as capable cross-country or IFR-wise, but more fun to fly. Roger Fane kindly took me up in his RHV-based CTSW; now I want to fly an LS, but I'm having trouble pulling that together. I can't make Sun n' Fun this year but will be at OSH (anyone else?), where I presume anyone who's anyone wanting to sell an LSA will be making an appearance.

I haven't landed at Frazier Lake in years (the long-body Mooneys really prefer hard-surface runways), but if you're out here sometime, definitely drop me a line.

Regards,

Chris (off in search of who else I've offended!)
drseti

Post by drseti »

chrisw wrote: I don't know how I missed your welcome aboard way back in JANUARY for Heaven's sake -- my humble apologies. You must think I'm a real dork.
Not at all, Chris. We all get busy (hopefully, with flying) and let things slip.
if you're out here sometime, definitely drop me a line.
Well, as it happens, I'm leaving for the Bay Area this morning, and will be there for a week. But, I have a pretty heavy schedule this trip, and doubt that I will be seeing any of the aviation community this time around. Maybe next time (but if that changes, I'll post and try to get together with you and Roger). If you or he care to email me a phone number to [email protected], I'll call if I end up with some free time.

Safe skies,
Paul
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US