I soloed!

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

MikeB

I soloed!

Post by MikeB »

Yep. I did it. Finally. It was so gusty, the student before me was supposed to solo but decided not to. Then my CFI and I did some go arounds, and he kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do it. He kept saying it was OK if I wanted to wait till another day. I have to admit the winds really concerned me because they kept changing direction. But I knew it was still a safe day to fly. If the winds had been too strong he wouldn't have had me doing the touch and go's with him. So eventually I got him to turn me loose, and I did it.
This was in a Cessna 172S, by the way.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Congratulations! A moment you will always remember and cherish. Now, go do it again! Have Fun!
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Nice work, Mike. Congratulations are certainly in order. Your first solo is absolutley unbelievable. Now that "You are the Man", go do some more! And then . . . the cross country trips! Congrats again!!! :D :D :D
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
Convertible Nose Wheel & Tail Wheel
912A / Warp Drive Prop