king schools instruction on DVD?

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

skunker

king schools instruction on DVD?

Post by skunker »

Does anyone know if King Schools makes a Sport Pilot groundschool available for DVD and not Computers? I don't want to sit down in front of a computer forever. I'd reather watch it on a DVD player.
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

I have a set of Sport Pilot ground school from King. You need to watch them on a computer so you can input the answers to the quizes. They are excellent, EXCEPT they won't work with Windows Vista! I called them about it and they had no plans to make it work with Vista. All other Microsoft operating systems seem to be fine. I took the written test after just one weekend and passed easily.
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
Convertible Nose Wheel & Tail Wheel
912A / Warp Drive Prop
skunker

Post by skunker »

Thanks skysteve,
If u wanna sell them, let me know:)
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

The problem with selling them is that they are registered to me. In order to take your written you need a signed Instructor Endoresement for the Sport Pilot Knowledge Test. John King will only sign that endorsement if you are the registered owner of the course. :(
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
Convertible Nose Wheel & Tail Wheel
912A / Warp Drive Prop
skunker

Post by skunker »

Ah, ok. Cool, thanks for the info.
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Mine worked on my laptop with Vista and after showing my test scores to my CFI and after a short question session he signed me off to take the test...And I passed easily in about 20 min.....maybe less... They are divided up into a bunch of topics so you do not have to do them all at once or even in order. Jump around if you like or revisit a topic as much as you want. I feel it was a good investment..
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
EppyGA

Post by EppyGA »

I too have the King Sport Pilot set and have not had any troublw with it on my Vista machine.

Am going through everything a second time right now to get ready to take the exam.