Moving from Steam Gauge Cockpit to Glass Cockpit

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

TimTaylor

Re: Moving from Steam Gauge Cockpit to Glass Cockpit

Post by TimTaylor »

ShawnM wrote:
HAPPYDAN wrote:Choose your sunglasses wisely. Some, notably polarized, can cause the display to "disappear". I always used gradient gray tint with the Garmin 300. Seemed to work the best.
100% correct with the Dynon legacy glass. I wear eye glasses 24/7. The polarized clip on’s I have make many LCD screens unreadable. Sometime my iPhone is hard to read and even the display the gas pumps can unreadable. Turn you head sideways and you can read them but you’ll get strange looks. :mrgreen:
Must be uncomfortable sleeping.
Retired from flying.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

TimTaylor wrote:
ShawnM wrote:
HAPPYDAN wrote:Choose your sunglasses wisely. Some, notably polarized, can cause the display to "disappear". I always used gradient gray tint with the Garmin 300. Seemed to work the best.
100% correct with the Dynon legacy glass. I wear eye glasses 24/7. The polarized clip on’s I have make many LCD screens unreadable. Sometime my iPhone is hard to read and even the display the gas pumps can unreadable. Turn you head sideways and you can read them but you’ll get strange looks. :mrgreen:
Only when I'm sleeping on my face. :mrgreen:
WDD

Post by WDD »

ShawnM wrote:
TimTaylor wrote:
ShawnM wrote:
Only when I'm sleeping on my face. :mrgreen:
You wouldn't want him to dream in fuzzy vision, now would you? :lol: