Materials Needed for Training ?

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

WDD

Materials Needed for Training ?

Post by WDD »

OK - appreciate insights from the collective.

While I'm looking for a CFI, and given I've passed the written already, what else can I be reading / studying at this time? Don't want to waste this down time.

King's School on passing practical test? http://www.kingschools.com/productdetai ... cu=YSPRSNL

Sport Flight maneuvers?

Some kind of flight training syllabus?

Thanks!
Type47

Re: Materials Needed for Training ?

Post by Type47 »

I used the Pilot Training Solutions private pilot bundle.
Bought in the app store on my I-pad.
$100 or so.
I loved that it was always with me and I could keep repeating lessons.
Type47
LSRI
INTJ
2006 Tecnam P92 Echo Super
Don’t do the thing that almost killed you until you at least get the staples taken out of your head first….
Type47

Post by Type47 »

By now you realize that flying is the hobby you pay for with hundred dollar bills.
There are hundreds of flying vids on youtube for free. Mzeroa has a bunch and fun to watch.
The book ‘Stick and Rudder’ by Wolfgang Langewiesche was eye opening for me.
Type47
LSRI
INTJ
2006 Tecnam P92 Echo Super
Don’t do the thing that almost killed you until you at least get the staples taken out of your head first….
Half Fast

Post by Half Fast »

Go to the FAA website and download the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and the Airplane Flying Handbook. Free downloads. Start reading and studying.
1/2
----------------
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
WDD

Post by WDD »

The more I look at what I have from the Gleim Sport Pilot package, I think what I have already might be a good first step. I think I underestimated the "Sport Flight Maneuvers" book that was in the kit, as it has Practical Test study content. At least it will provide good reading for the Christmas break. :)
jarinawoz

Post by jarinawoz »

Go to Flygo-aviation and check the PPL exam & study app, it's EASA/FAA compatible. I have learnt from this, because there were many pictures included, to explain the theoretical parts easier, than the dry, only written materials.
and also for the cockpit picture and instruments getting memorized, check X Plane or Flight Simulator (ok this is an older version but I have been told by many experienced pilots to use this, so I have it on my laptop and practicing using our airport in virtual reality :D ...its fun also)