Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

bornstephen

Post by bornstephen »

Last edited by bornstephen on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimTaylor

Re: FAA Test Prep Online

Post by TimTaylor »

Is this a joke or are you serious? Maybe you didn't really learn anything, but simply memorized the answers. I would not take the test until I knew the material and was confident I would make a good grade, not just barely passing. You missed 52 out of how many? Did you answer some of the questions before you studied and learned the material? I think you are the only one who knows if you're ready or not.
Retired from flying.
TimTaylor

Re: FAA Test Prep Online

Post by TimTaylor »

Have you started your flight training? Some or most of the material on the written will make more sense when you are actually flying and using the information. I suggest you keep studying and learning while you start your flight training. By the time you get pretty far into your flight training, you would be able to ace your written test. I see no advantage in taking the written sooner than you need to.
Retired from flying.
HAPPYDAN

Re: ...

Post by HAPPYDAN »

"Bornstephen" seems to have checked out. Does anyone know what transpired? All posts seem to have been deleted.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

There was another forum member who used to do the samething when they got mad. 8)
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

This forum is unique in the sense that it allows removal of past posts ... pretty bad idea imho since it makes lots of topics look odd and incomplete.
Postings on public forums are just that , very much public and akin to public speaking and thus should stay on the record.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

I agree that it’s best if after a certain time period, posts cannot be altered or deleted.

I think one day gives plenty of time for editing and corrections.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

I guess he didn't like my advice. I didn't mean to piss him off, but to say he missed 52 questions, am I ready, didn't make much sense.
Retired from flying.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

I was right after all.
Last edited by TimTaylor on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Retired from flying.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

TimTaylor wrote:I guess he didn't like my advice. I didn't mean to piss him off, but to say he missed 52 questions, am I ready, didn't make much sense.
There was nothing offensive in your response to him .... I presume , from the context, that he went for the test and failed it utterly , right ?
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

He could have been offended when I asked, "Is this a joke?" At first, I thought it was. But then, I gave him what I think was some pretty good advice.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:
3Dreaming wrote:There was another forum member who used to do the samething when they got mad. 8)
No, just tired of your stupid bullshit. Ignorant ass. :!:
Why quote me and call me names? I wasn't talking about you. The forum member I was speaking of was banned from the forum for inappropriate behavior, like what you just exhibited.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

3Dreaming wrote:
Why quote me and call me names? I wasn't talking about you. The forum member I was speaking of was banned from the forum for inappropriate behavior, like what you just exhibited.
I see I have gotten the same response from you in the past over on the other board. I was right after all.
Last edited by TimTaylor on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:
3Dreaming wrote:
If you weren't referring to me, then I apologize. As you know, I have done the same thing a few times (deleted posts).
No, I was referring to SportPilot. I think he was permanently banned from the site for bad behavior.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

And Cecil.
Retired from flying.