Instrument Trainining

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

TimTaylor

Re: Instrument Trainining

Post by TimTaylor »

Enough already. We don't agree.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:Enough already. We don't agree.
Yep. I think if I said you were breathing, you would hold your breath just so you could be in disagreement with what I said.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Don't flatter yourself. I couldn't care less what you think.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:Don't flatter yourself. I couldn't care less what you think.
I wasn't trying to flatter myself. It was just an observation based on past and present history. You seem to have the tendency to argue your opinion against facts, all the while expecting other to share your opinion. When that doesn't happen you seem to get out of sorts. Then you delete all your post.
However I do have to commend you that since being removed from this site under your old user name for your actions, and joining with a new name your actions have been slightly better.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

And you are an ass. Why do you feel the need to turn a simple disagreement into a personal attack? Neither one of us has documented evidence that our opinion is correct. It's a gray area.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:And you are an ass. Why do you feel the need to turn a simple disagreement into a personal attack? Neither one of us has documented evidence that our opinion is correct. It's a gray area.
no personal attack or name calling, just personal observations.

I have provided a FAA document that states that you can fly a aircraft that is not approved for flight in IMC under a IFR flight plan. Yes the document pertains to training, but they are in fact flying a airplane that is not approved for flight in IMC on a IFR flight plan.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Enough already, children. Don't make me play mean modetator!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
foresterpoole

Post by foresterpoole »

Wow that conversation got lively, I did not check in for a day or so and it went from 2 to 5 pages!!!! Just FYI we skirted the weather, and avoided the IMC, I was under the hood and the CFI was clicking away at the light show in the distance (I guess he is pretty comfortable flying with me). After an hour we did a few full stops at a small strip and flew back, three more stop and goes at class D, then back to Pineville. Tracked VOR on the way out and GPS on the way back. That wraps up all my night hours (got one extra) and all I have is 45 minutes more instrument then just flying the long xcountry and I should be done with private.

I might fly with the CFI up to Shreveport or down to Baton Rouge to get some Class C experience, all I've flown is our sleepy class D, the worst I've ever been "vectored" is when a 737 took off on a crossing runway and they had me extend downwind so he could take off. He was out of sight by the time I turned final.
Ed
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »