Solo XC Today!

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Half Fast

Solo XC Today!

Post by Half Fast »

Finally got decent wx to do the solo XC for my sport ticket today after being blown out by bad weather a few times. Apopka X04 to Crystal River KCGC to Inverness KINF and back to Apopka. All went well (meaning I actually found the airports, and both the plane and I are reusable). Navigation, pattern entries, radio work, and landings were all good. The landings were a bit too hard, but safe, on center, straight, and bounce-free, so I'll take it.

I even remembered to close my flight plan afterward; no search party dispatched. :lol:

I'm glad I got it done first thing this morning. Rain squalls were moving into the area from the south, and on the return flight I hit a little rain and altered course a bit north to stay out of the bad stuff. An hour later and I would have had to cancel again.

It was pretty cool flying somewhere else and returning on my own. I'm finally starting to feel just a little bit like a pilot. :mrgreen:
1/2
----------------
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
joey4420

Re: Solo XC Today!

Post by joey4420 »

Congrats. I loved my first solo XC, I felt so free up there. Glad the weather didn't impact you much.
Joey
Cincinnati OH
Sport Pilot
Double Eagle N35DE
pjdavis

Post by pjdavis »

Great job!
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Congratulations !