LSRM-A Training

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Super Cub

LSRM-A Training

Post by Super Cub »

Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave, VA schedules a LSRM-A, 120 hour course for June of each year. The course was cancelled last month due to low enrollment. A friend and I wish to attend next year. I'm hoping that with the two of us plus the enrollment from this year, the minimum class size will be met. The course is around $1800 and about half that for VA residents. A friend completed the course in 2014. Looking for anyone interested in taking the course next year!
rdebord

Re: LSRM-A Training

Post by rdebord »

I attended the class in 2015 and I was very happy with the course and instructors. They do not include the rotax sevice class like Rainbow aviation does but they are about half the cost of rainbow aviation so that was ok. I had already attended the Rotax service and Rotax maintenance classes at lockwood aviation in Florida anyway. If they have enough interest they will probably set up a rotax class at the school just prior to the LSRM class starting.
Super Cub

Post by Super Cub »

The training @ Blue Ridge Community College Weyers Cave, VA is on for this June.
Rotax training is tentatively scheduled for June 6-9 with Lockwood's Dean Vogel.
LSRM training is June 12-30. Call Keith Dennis @ 540-453-2508 to reserve a spot.
VAFlyer

Post by VAFlyer »

Count me in for the Service and Maintenance courses. Hopefully we can get enough so that they don't cancel.
azsportpilot

Post by azsportpilot »

I have been planning on doing the LSRM at Rainbow Aviation, but...

the BRCC course is less than 1/2 the price.... seems like a "No-Brainer"

Are there other schools to consider?
Any other LSRM courses available?

crazy that there would be just 2 places doing this
John Sarra CFI-S
1946 Aeronca Chief

-Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!