Airspace webinar 13 July 2016

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Airspace webinar 13 July 2016

Post by drseti »

Fellow pilots,
On Wednesday evening 13 July 2016, 8 to 9:30 PM EDT, I am presenting a free online Airspace webinar. Here is the description:

"Students and experienced pilots alike often find themselves challenged by the complexity of airspace definitions, limitations, and requirements. In this FAA Safety Team WINGS webinar, Prof. H. Paul Shuch will discuss how you can identify the different classes of airspace in which you are operating, and understand the requirements that each imposes on air traffic control and the pilot in command."

I encourage you all to attend. Tell your friends. You may sign up at:

http://www.eaa.org/webinars
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ccandrews

Re: Airspace webinar 13 July 2016

Post by ccandrews »

drseti wrote:Fellow pilots,
On Wednesday evening 13 July 2016, 8 to 9:30 PM EDT, I am presenting a free online Airspace webinar. Here is the description:

"Students and experienced pilots alike often find themselves challenged by the complexity of airspace definitions, limitations, and requirements. In this FAA Safety Team WINGS webinar, Prof. H. Paul Shuch will discuss how you can identify the different classes of airspace in which you are operating, and understand the requirements that each imposes on air traffic control and the pilot in command."

I encourage you all to attend. Tell your friends. You may sign up at:

http://www.eaa.org/webinars
Paul,

I had time today to watch the first half and hope to finish it tomorrow. It is a very, very nice presentation and presents knowledge for everyone to learn or have refreshed and goes at a very good pace. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I do take a bit of issue with your description of Class E airspace stopping at 14,500. Glass G only goes up to 14,500 but Class E then takes over and continues all the way up without limit (except for the class A layer of course). Class E, in fact, overlies the Class A above FL600.

regards

--Craig
drseti

Re: Airspace webinar 13 July 2016

Post by drseti »

You're right, Craig, I misspoke. Thanks for catching that.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US