SportCruiser & Sport Cub in Jacksonville, FL (KCRG)

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

designrs

SportCruiser & Sport Cub in Jacksonville, FL (KCRG)

Post by designrs »

Checkout the Sport Cub for tailwheel training and Florida Adventure flying:
http://www.holladayaviation.com/tailwheel-training/

I have trained with Dana and Meredith Holladay. They are both outstanding instructors and are highly recommended.
Last edited by designrs on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cluemeister

Re: SportCruiser & Sport Cub in Jacksonville, FL (KCRG)

Post by Cluemeister »

I know you have spoken highly of their training. Were they doing SP training prior to your plane being available?
drseti

Post by drseti »

I'm really sorry to see you having to share your baby, Richard. Considering how well you take care of it, I know it will be frustrating to have anybody else touching, let alone flying, it. I hope the renters and students treat it as gently as you do.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
designrs

Post by designrs »

Cluemeister wrote:I know you have spoken highly of their training. Were they doing SP training prior to your plane being available?
Absolutely. Dana was the instructor with whom I finished up my Sport Pilot training with when he was in Maryland. Both he and Meredith have several hundred hours in the SportCruiser combined... in addition to tailwheel and their very successful private pilot program. They are dedicated lifetime career instructors, and they are very good at it.

http://www.holladayaviation.com/about-us/bios/
Last edited by designrs on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser
designrs

Post by designrs »

eyeflygps wrote:Without telling us more than you want to, how do the finances work out on a lease-back situation such as this? Does the owner pay all expenses and get an hourly rental fee in return? It seems like after covering variable cost, the amount going toward your fixed cost might not be a lot. I'm just curious because I've toyed with the idea of a lease-back, but not very seriously. Thanks.
A thread for general leaseback discussion has been started here:
http://sportpilottalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4514
designrs

Post by designrs »

drseti wrote:I'm really sorry to see you having to share your baby, Richard. Considering how well you take care of it, I know it will be frustrating to have anybody else touching, let alone flying, it. I hope the renters and students treat it as gently as you do.
Thanks Paul. As you well know, I am very particular about my aircraft. It was not easy to get over the idea of anyone touching my plane. However, the big picture here is very positive. I have a very close and long-term relationship with Holladay Aviation. Also I am very involved in the LSA program, care of the aircraft, and I am working on getting my Sport CFI. I'm quite excited about it!
- Richard
designrs

Post by designrs »

- Richard
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

I like how the fleet is color coordinated!
drseti

Post by drseti »

No, that's TERRIBLE color coordination! The Cub is red over white, while the Cruiser is white over red. Only works if one of them flies inverted.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
designrs

Post by designrs »