FLIGHT TRAINING NY/NJ

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

B747

FLIGHT TRAINING NY/NJ

Post by B747 »

Hi i live in Nanuet NY and work in the town of Monroe area, Im looking for a school that shouldn't be more then about a 45 min drive from either, there is one place in Montgomery but their rates are pricey for my self, who can recommend a good lsa school in ny or nj? thanks
Be less restricted and more free, by flying to new heights
rcpilot

Re: FLIGHT TRAINING NY/NJ

Post by rcpilot »

Good luck. I live on LI and only found 1 school here. I could not find any in NJ (not that they don't exist, just couldn't find one).
B747

Post by B747 »

there is one in Solberg airport with very reasonable prices they run a skycatcher, but they're more then a hour drive from my home and hour a half from were i work
Be less restricted and more free, by flying to new heights
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

It took me a while to find an LSA locally. Before I found one locally, I went to Sebring, FL and trained at Lockwood for a week. They have a really inexpensive apartment you can rent right on site, and then train every day with Jeff Hudson. I thought it was a great way to start. Some people can get it done in two straight weeks.

But if you want to find one locally, I would go to every local airport's website, and find out about their flight training. Call each facility and ask. Most will say no they don't have an LSA, but you only need one yes. I found mine by digging that way.

Or you can buy a plane and hire someone to train you in it. :)

Good luck!
rcpilot

Post by rcpilot »

Cluemeister wrote:........Or you can buy a plane and hire someone to train you in it. :)

Good luck!
That's what I did but only because at the time I was too fat for the Skycatcher. Also try reaching out to the local EAA chapter as someone might have an LSA and be willing to give lessons.