When are mistakes on written test reviewed?

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Cluemeister

When are mistakes on written test reviewed?

Post by Cluemeister »

Are the mistakes made on the written exam reviewed by you and your CFI prior to solo, or prior to practical? Or some other time?

I'll ask my CFI when I see him on Tuesday, but thought I would ask the knowledgeable forum members!
drseti

Re: When are mistakes on written test reviewed?

Post by drseti »

When you take and pass the knowledge test, the testing center gives you a document listing the subject area codes in which you missed questions (but not the specific questions you missed). There is a place for your instructor to certify on that document that he or she has reviewed those subject areas with you. You must present this to the DPE during the oral portion of the practical test. Also, your CFI is supposed to give you a logbook endorsement to that effect.

One time only I had a student score 100% on the knowledge test. His logbook endorsement reads: "I certify that I have reviewed with Joe Pilot all zero subject areas in which he was found deficient on his Sport Pilot knowledge test." The DPE noted that, laughed, and gave that applicant an abbreviated oral exam!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US