Piper Sport - Help

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

designrs

Re: Piper Sport - Help

Post by designrs »

MrMorden wrote:And enjoy not hitting the pretty scenery :)
LOL This!!
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

drseti wrote:Actually, Andy, I wouldn't change it. In level cruise flight, your nose looks as though it's below the horizon - that's normal for your plane. So, if that's what your AI shows, it is accurately calibrated for the sight picture you get in flight. That's as it should be.
The cowling is not visible when flying the CTSW, you can't see the nose or where it is relative to the horizon. You can change the sight picture by adjusting your seat or adding padding or moving around. I prefer to indicate something fixed like my relationship to level flight as opposed to an incorrectly perceived nose down attitude.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

One trick is to put a piece of tape on the side of the windshield or the adjacent pillar to coincide with where the horizon is in level flight.

I'd think that would be helpful if the cowling is not visible, at least until one gains the skill to use peripheral cues for level flight.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]