Upcoming EAA Webinar: Stepping Up to Light Sport

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Upcoming EAA Webinar: Stepping Up to Light Sport

Post by drseti »

Fellow pilots,
The EAA has scheduled me to present one of my more popular FAA Safety Team seminars online, in Webinar format, three weeks hence. Here is their writeup:
EAA wrote:Webinar Description: Transitioning from larger, higher performance airplanes to a light-sport airplane should not be taken for granted. Prof. H. Paul Shuch, Chief Flight Instructor from AvSport of Lock Haven, will discuss why transitioning to LSA is just as challenging as moving from simple to complex, and what you can do to keep yourself safe when flying slow, lightly loaded wings. The program qualifies for FAA Wings credit. To register, which is required to attend: http://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/484151090
If you didn't catch this seminar at Sebring Sport Aviation Expo (or even if you did), I invite you to sign up for this presentation, Wednesday night, 11 September 2013, at 8 PM EDT. EAA membership is not required, and FAA Wings credit is given to participants. If you can't make it, the webinar will be archived on EAA.org. I'll post the URL here when it's available.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Re: Upcoming EAA Webinar: Stepping Up to Light Sport

Post by drseti »

For those who might have missed it, last night's webinar is now available online, at:

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=2667523693001.

My thanks to those who attended.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
VL Roberts

Post by VL Roberts »

Very good presentation. One thing I learned, I didn't know you could modify an E-LSA after the AW issued.
drseti

Post by drseti »

VL Roberts wrote:I didn't know you could modify an E-LSA after the AW issued.

That's probably the best reason to re-certify an S-LSA as an E-LSA (which is what Eddie did). The E stands for Experimental, after all, so you might as well experiment. :)
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

I just saw the presentation via the link you posted. Excellent presentation. I hope to stop by Lockhaven sometime soon and meet you. Now we know what your voice sounds like :D .
Marcus - WA2DCI
PP ASEL Instrument

Daidalos Greek: Δαίδαλος
Remember don't fly too close to the Sun.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Daidalos wrote: Now we know what your voice sounds like :D .
Not exactly, Marcus. The audio quality on the webinar was really crappy. I hope my voice isn't so highly overcompressed in person. :wink:
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US