Ready for tests... few pictures and videos of the journey

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

GravityKnight

Ready for tests... few pictures and videos of the journey

Post by GravityKnight »

I'm just about to 20 hrs... just been reviewing maneuvers and finishing up solo time. Tonight was the first time I've flown in calm conditions... what a joy! Practiced my short field landings picking different spots on the runway to land. Good news is I have had a lot of cross wind practice already.. yesterday was a straight 14knot crosswind... actually starting to enjoy it to be honest! Good challenge, the ol CTSW sure was leaning hard into that wind.... fun holding it up on 1 main haha...

I trained in both a CTSW and a CTLS. In my opinion they do handle slightly different.. I think I like the aileron control of the CTLS better, but the slightly lighter weight CTSW performs a bit better, and up here at 6200ft where the DA is often times pushing 10k that little bit makes a difference. Can't imagine how well either one would perform at sea level on a cool day!

Few pictures and videos of the journey!

Flying over my GF's ranch!
Kaley's3small.JPG
Kaley's3small.JPG (217.14 KiB) Viewed 3117 times
Kaley's15small.JPG
Kaley's15small.JPG (157.28 KiB) Viewed 3117 times
Short clip of the little town I live about 5 miles from where I live.... on my solo cross country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BUuRPY_QdA

Clip from today practicing short field landings... picking different points and setting down as close to them as possible. Really fun... just a short clip of flying the pattern at KCOS. Nice views of Colorado Springs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9CMElWoNqQ

Thanks for looking guys...

Time to schedule the written :)
RANS S6S 116 wing w/ VGs
114hp zipper rotax 912uls | rotax airbox / custom intake
72" KOOL Scimitar | custom twin exhaust setup
21x8 mains | 18x6 nose / custom fork
MGL avionics | Twin Oil Coolers | other goodies
designrs

Re: Ready for tests... few pictures and videos of the journe

Post by designrs »

Great progress!
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

Great work and nice pics n vids. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the performance at lower altitudes!
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
GravityKnight

Post by GravityKnight »

Thanks guys...

took a video with a head cam today..... nasty conditions. Direct crosswind 14 knots.. gusty, downdrafts the whole deal. Not "nice" flying but good practice!! made 8 landings... went with no flaps on the last few when the wind really picked up. I've found the CTSW/LS doesn't get yanked around by the wind so bad this way.. and when I have almost 2 miles of runway, I don't mind coming in a little fast and no flaps... a couple times I drifted a little right on touchdown (feeding it a lot of rudder and I didn't quite compensate in time on a couple of those landings... focusing on everything else I guess!) Plus I rolled my ankle real bad a little over a week ago and I haven't flown in 2 weeks.. felt a bit rusty! glad to get back up there!! written test on monday!

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGY8dSS_qb4
RANS S6S 116 wing w/ VGs
114hp zipper rotax 912uls | rotax airbox / custom intake
72" KOOL Scimitar | custom twin exhaust setup
21x8 mains | 18x6 nose / custom fork
MGL avionics | Twin Oil Coolers | other goodies