North Georgia Good News

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

bryancobb

North Georgia Good News

Post by bryancobb »

Hi,
I have some good news for you folks within driving distance of VPC Cartersville.

Ben Methvin was previously a Sport Pilot DPE. He gave over 100 checkrides between 2007 and 2010. He decided to let his DPE expire because of the amount of aggrivation it was causing him.

He gave nearly 2500 hours of dual in his Flightstar II prior to the Sport Rule, and 500 after, until the exemption ran out on his airplane.

Well, he just received his L.O.D.A. from the Atlanta FSDO to allow him to give dual FOR HIRE AGAIN in his Flightstar II.

HE CHARGES $100 PER HOUR DUAL INCLUDING THE AIRPLANE.
He allows students to solo his Flightstar. I'm not sure the solo price. I would guess $60 or $70.
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]
gmohr

Re: North Georgia Good News

Post by gmohr »

I know I am only a year late but it is good to hear that Ben received his
L.O.D.A. I received my Student Pilot Certificate from Ben and solo'd
the same day as Ben and my instructor watched. Ben told me that my
landings and pattern were some of the finest he had seen. Still have
as copy of that Student Cert with his name on it.
Gene Mohr
Sport Pilot Upgrading to Private
180hrs and counting