Passed my Check Ride!

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

RyanC

Passed my Check Ride!

Post by RyanC »

Well, yesterday I took my Practical, passed it, and now after 8 months of training I'm officially a Sport Pilot!

My CFI joked that it was the longest checkride he'd ever seen: I arrived at 8:00am and left the airport at 4:00pm. It wasn't really 8 hours -- during the oral portion, fog rolled in and conditions dropped to IFR. The DPE issued a Letter of Discontinuance but told me to give her a call if the fog broke in the next few hours. Around 1pm the fog broke, the winds calmed, and the sun came out. I did the flight portion shortly thereafter.

I was nervous as hell and it was admittedly not my best effort but I must have done something right or better than I thought because I got the handshake and the certificate. Now I can start to really learn how to fly!
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

CONGRATULATIONS, now go have some fun.
bryancobb

You tha' man!

Post by bryancobb »

Congratulaions.!! :D
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]
gmohr

Post by gmohr »

Congratulations Ryan!!!! Welcome to the fraternity.

Gene
Gene Mohr
Sport Pilot Upgrading to Private
180hrs and counting
Bill

Post by Bill »

WooHoo! Congratulations, PILOT!
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--