Can CFIs from other flight schools fly over to my airport?

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Fun to see different weights... My Allegro 2000.. By the numbers..

Empty 647... fuel 14 gal at 90... Alowable weight 1232 ( This was to be the original weight limit of LSA)... Leaves 495 minus 22 baggage..473 so two big ol Texas size flyers at 236 each....

Would also like more fuel but at 3.5 to 4 GPH I plan for 2-2.5 hour legs...

Fun times....
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
David

Fasteddie good idea for your wt and bal

Post by David »

I am going to add to my excel sheet for pax wt like yours

My wt and bal for the my sporthornet.

Thanks for the idea.

FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

You're welcome.

I've enjoyed seeing the empty weights of other LSA's.

I guess my Sky Arrow is kinda on the heavy end.

Reasons?

1) I believe the Sky Arrow started life as an unmanned drone. As such, weight was not critical in its original design.

2) It then became a certified plane, with a higher gross weight than the LSA version. Lightening an existing design is probably more difficult than starting with a clean sheet.

3) Both the elevator and ailerons are operated through push-pull tubes which, while rigid and reliable, are probably heavier than cable runs.

Otherwise, I don't know specifically what's so heavy on it.

In any case, much of the Sky Arrow seems gossamer light, with lots of carbon fiber. I don't mind a little weight where it counts if it results in a more substantial craft.

If you're curious, here's the actual W & B:

Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]