A Great Resource Site

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

KevinV

A Great Resource Site

Post by KevinV »

There are tons of sites out there that offer lots of learning resources for the aspiring pilot as well as those looking to hone their skills and knowledge. I've come across many as I'm sure you all have during your searches, but wanted to share this one. The full color PDF files of the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, and the Airplane Weight and Balance Handbook alone make it worth a visit. Just click on the tabs in the upper right for Pilot Tools, Articles, etc.

Pilot Inside

Links to other great learning sites you've found would be greatly appreciated!
KevinV

Post by KevinV »

Here's a site that is dedicated to LSA. You can read through the available e-mags online, or download them as a PDF. They have some great articles and lots of eye candy.

Light Aviation
Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog »

Disclaimer: Shameless self promo... but there is FREE STUFF here...

http://www.arunet.co.uk/tkboyd/offers1p.htm

Windows shareware and freeware written by me. (Not just a link farm).

The set up procedure for the Light Signals trainer is less than perfect, but it is a useful training aid once installed. It is one of the freebies.

The material is mostly about preparing for knowledge test.

===
Please feel free to jump in with comments on whether you think the page is worth a visit. I'm biased!

It will only be useful to people willing to install Windows software on a machine, there is nothing there that is useful just by web surfing.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Sheepdog wrote:Disclaimer: Shameless self promo... but there is FREE STUFF here...
That's good stuff, TK. In fact, I just linked it from my website, http://AvSport.org, under training materials. Thanks for your efforts and generosity!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

I have been working on this site for 2 years and I think it is now the best for all Sport Pilot and LSA information. Most of the top schools are on the Sport Pilot LSA locator. I think I have covered most of the information and resources specificly for Sport Pilot and LSA.

www.BeASportPilot.com
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites