Soloed today in a J3 Piper Cub

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Doss79

Post by Doss79 »

Sounds good. My PMs dont' work for some reason (I don't get notices when I get PMs, so try to use the email function on here). Weather started being really nice this week and should continue on for the next few months until the dreaded Texas summer heat arrives.
ajh60

Hi Congrats

Post by ajh60 »

First Congrats. --I had been looking for a nearby place to take Sport Pilot training. A nearby spot does offer training in a J-3 and the new Legend Cub. I am going to see him this week. I am curious about how a tailwheel compares to a typical trainer....Thanks........
Doss79

Post by Doss79 »

The difference is.....when you are done flying for the day and get back into the FBO, new people will always ask you:

"Wow, was that fun? It looked like you were having a blast!"

My answer is always the same:

"Of course!"

I never heard this line of conversation with a spam can driver.