Training in DFW area

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

thebra

Training in DFW area

Post by thebra »

Hello,
I am looking for sport training in the DFW area, as close to the Allen/McKinney area as possible. I found a school in Denton but was hoping to find a CFI closer than that for light sport aircraft. I found a CFI in McKinney for learning on a 2007 Legend Cub, is that a good aircraft to learn in? Thanks for any help in advance.
thebra

Checking out a school

Post by thebra »

Does anyone have any experience with US Aviation Group in Denton, TX? (http://www.ussportplanes.com/) I am going to check them out on Saturday and would love any advice or questions I should ask or anyone that has experience with this school, thanks!
glyn

Post by glyn »

yep,,, i work for them. im one of the LSA salesman. if you have any questions, just PM me and i can send you my #.

glyn
www.sportflyers.org

www.ussportplanes.com

if you can't fly right.... fly upside down
Doss79

Post by Doss79 »

thebra,
I have about 8 hours in a J3 Cub. I am training under the Sport Pilot regulation and have been flying out of a guy's farm with a 3000ft grass strip near DFW in Terrell, Tx. Fun as heck.

How close is that to you? If you'd like, I can send you the CFI's phone number and/or email address.

He owns 2 Cubs as well as a C150 and others.