Vatulino is Russian airfield

Sport Pilot Talk is a close-knit community of mutually supportive pilots, who often help each other out with various resources and hospitality. Are you going somewhere and want to meet up with other Sport Pilot Talk members? Do you have hangar space, fuel, tools, or a guest room to share? Or, are you hoping a fellow member can offer you similar support or assistance? Here is the place to post your offers or requests (on a strictly non-commercial basis).

Moderator: drseti

Denis.gan

Vatulino is Russian airfield

Post by Denis.gan »

I want to tell you about Russian airfield near Moscow called Vatulino. I took the lessons by the Yak-18T there. May be, it will be interesting for someone.)) This airfield have a couple very individual features.

1. Non standard level of traffic pattern - 700 ft. It because airfield have placed under the MOA.

2. Runway border on the settlement from the one side and all aircrafts heavier than SLA have to avoid to pass through the village during their final approach or right after they took off in against direction.

I attached a couple video with my touch and go in both directions of the runway. Enjoy))

https://vimeo.com/127341706

https://vimeo.com/106362152
RTK

Re: Vatulino is Russian airfield

Post by RTK »

молодец!

Thank you for sharing the videos. Well done on the touch and gos!
drseti

Post by drseti »

RTK wrote:молодец!
Wow - I didn't know our site supported the Cyrillic alphabet!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
MackAttack

Post by MackAttack »

Great videos - and nice work on the go-arounds! The Yak 18T looks like an interesting airplane to fly. One of the few national trainers to have retractable gear it appears... Thanks for posting.

Cheers!
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Really nice videos and really nice landings.

I like the way that by about one wingspan above the ground the power comes smoothly back to idle - I try for that on most of my landings.

Nothing drastically wrong with both hands on the yoke - but I think I'd prefer the pilot's right hand stay "covering" the throttle throughout. That said, pretty sure there are planes and situations where I've used both hands on the yoke as well.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Denis.gan

Post by Denis.gan »

FastEddieB wrote:Really nice videos and really nice landings.

I like the way that by about one wingspan above the ground the power comes smoothly back to idle - I try for that on most of my landings.

Nothing drastically wrong with both hands on the yoke - but I think I'd prefer the pilot's right hand stay "covering" the throttle throughout. That said, pretty sure there are planes and situations where I've used both hands on the yoke as well.
Yep, throttle hold is the best solution. I agree. My both hands on the yoke - it lack of a habit to fly with yoke after shift control and necessity to use the both hands: thrust, prop and flap (brake spoiler) on the right, landing gear switch and trim handle on the left.)
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

Not bad.

How much is an hour, and do you have to be a member of a club? Does anyone based at Vatulino fly cross-country?
Attachments
vatulino.jpg
vatulino.jpg (134.54 KiB) Viewed 19856 times
Denis.gan

Post by Denis.gan »

zaitcev wrote:Not bad.

How much is an hour, and do you have to be a member of a club? Does anyone based at Vatulino fly cross-country?
Flight on Yak-18T costs approx 200$ per hour with instructor on board. No, i can't to be a member of any club because i haven't the Russian pilot license.
Vatulino is base for parachutists and for the recreational flights. Cross-country is not widespread flights in Russia.