San Francisco from Land's End

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Re: San Francisco from Land's End

Post by drseti »

I just figured out how you managed to find a vacant hangar at STS, Stan. All those folks from Rohnert Park who evacuated in 2017 took their planes with them. :(
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:I just figured out how you managed to find a vacant hangar at STS, Stan. All those folks from Rohnert Park who evacuated in 2017 took their planes with them. :(
I predict a lot more hangar vacancies in California are forthcoming.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

drseti wrote:I just figured out how you managed to find a vacant hangar at STS, Stan. All those folks from Rohnert Park who evacuated in 2017 took their planes with them. :(
I hadn't thought of that, Paul. You're probably right; the Coffey Park neighborhood of Santa Rosa was devastated by the Tubbs fire.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
drseti

Post by drseti »

Wm.Ince wrote: I predict a lot more hangar vacancies in California are forthcoming.
You may be right, Bill. My big hangar at 1C9 in Hollister has been vacant for just over a year now, after having been leased out continuously for the prior 28 years (with a waiting list, no less).
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US