Poker Run!

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

FastEddieB

Poker Run!

Post by FastEddieB »

At the last minute I decided to do my first Poker Run, sponsored by some folks in Cleveland, TN. I was solo - Karen tried to get in the Sky Arrow, but with her new hip she thinks she needs another few weeks before managing that. For much of it flew formation with my friend Dan in his Piper Colt.

There was some ground fog to drive through on the way to Copperhill, but it was burning off nicely by my 8:15A takeoff. Looking down at US64 where it runs through Ducktown, TN:

Some decent hills to top on the way to the first stop, Collegedale, TN for my first card:

There was a welcoming party waiting just off the runway:

Next stops were at Dayton, TN and then on to Knoxville Downtown Island. Staying under the Class C gave a nice view of Downtown Knoxville:

From there it was back down to Athens, TN and then at the final stop at Cleveland Regional. My hand sucked (Queen high), though at one point I was only four cards away from a straight flush!

Anyway, perfect day for flying, and I hope the 3.7 logged hours knocked some of the rust off both my cylinders and me!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Flocker

Re: Poker Run!

Post by Flocker »

Nice pics!
Aviation Real Estate Broker
Mark Gregor

Post by Mark Gregor »

Looks like fun!
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Thanks, and it was!

Our new EAA chapter out of Copperhill, TN is planning a Poker Run on May 14 together with the Blairsville chapter. It will be our first and probably much smaller than the one I just flew.

I'll post more info as it becomes available.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]