Got gees?

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Got gees?

Post by drseti »

The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
AJChenMPH

Re: Got gees?

Post by AJChenMPH »

What were you flying, and what were you pulling?

Most sustained G's I've pulled was 3.5 in the backseat of a Navy T-34C in a hard left turn when I was an NROTC squid on an aviation field trip back in Jan. 1993...recently (Oct. 2014) was hit with right about 3 G's in a Citabria 7KCAB as my instructor executed a hard pullup and zoom climb.
Andy / PP-ASEL
drseti

Post by drseti »

I was flying a 1946 Globe Swift (GC-1B); somewhere between 2 and 2.5, I think (that's about all my old bones will take).
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
AJChenMPH

Post by AJChenMPH »

I asked my tailwheel instructor in NC to take me up for an aerobatics flight last week...the very first straight loop, she hammered me with a 5G pullup. :shock: I suddenly found my head in my lap and my boom mic under my chin!

We did a few more loops, several aileron rolls, a barrel roll, an Immelmann, and a few hammerhead turns before I asked her to knock it off because my middle ear was getting uncomfortable. Heart and mind loved it, though...guess that just means I need to go fly aerobatics more often? :mrgreen: Suffice it to say, my neck muscles were sore the rest of the day...

EDIT: here's Jenny and myself just before we launched in a 7GCAA Citabria out of Billy Mitchell Airport (KHSE)...
Attachments
N88605d.jpg
N88605d.jpg (96.08 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
Andy / PP-ASEL