Nice RV-12 Video

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

Nomore767

Nice RV-12 Video

Post by Nomore767 »

Nice video from an RV-12 out of Sky Manor NJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxPUr7en0Q

BTW…this is Brent Connelly's airplane. I just saw the video on a e-mail from Vans.
Last edited by Nomore767 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlinspop

Re: Nice RV-12 Video

Post by Merlinspop »

Nice video. Thanks for posting.

I recall some time ago someone on this forum showing a lack of understanding about flaperons. This video perfectly shows them in action starting about 5:30.
- Bruce
AJChenMPH

Post by AJChenMPH »

Cool vid.

I spent a bit of time over at Sky Manor in the last month working on my simulated power failures...
Andy / PP-ASEL
N918KT

Post by N918KT »

Merlinspop wrote:Nice video. Thanks for posting.

I recall some time ago someone on this forum showing a lack of understanding about flaperons. This video perfectly shows them in action starting about 5:30.
Great video Nomore!!! Merlins I believe I was the one who did not understand how flaperons work and this video pretty much shows how they work.

I've flown into Sky Manor with my CFI before to eat at that airport restaurant once. Nice airport!
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

N918KT wrote: Great video Nomore!!! Merlins I believe I was the one who did not understand how flaperons work and this video pretty much shows how they work.

I've flown into Sky Manor with my CFI before to eat at that airport restaurant once. Nice airport!
Okay, good then. When I first learned about flaperons, it was the "Junkers" type (hanging down below the back of a wing, such as on the Kitfox and others) and for a long while I thought that was the only type. The video really shows them, which is cool.

I wonder why they aren't used more often now. I'm guessing either weight, complexity or limitation of range of deployment (can't get a big heavily loaded wing to fly slowly enough).
- Bruce