Introduction to Stalls in the Sting Airplane

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

drdehave

Introduction to Stalls in the Sting Airplane

Post by drdehave »

...just posted up--link on the "Safety Corner" board...
Sting Flight (Flying the Sting LSA)
http://www.youtube.com/user/9162069934/featured
deltafox

Re: Introduction to Stalls in the Sting Airplane

Post by deltafox »

Very nice. Professional. How many takes to complete the video? A great excuse to go flying. What software do you use for final editing?
Dave
drdehave

Post by drdehave »

Dave--

Something like this, I do a script (or at least an outline) first. I may not stick exactly to it, but it keeps the final focused and from getting too long. Then, I make a series of short, complete videos and paste them together for the final.

I will re-do a scene to get good--from-behind-the-cameras--lighting, which in turn makes for a sharp, clear picture. On this video, I re-did a couple scenes once or twice, until I got good video or sound.

I use two programs in my editing: Windows Movie Maker and Power Director. It has been a slow, 2-year learning curve, starting from scratch. I've now pretty well mastered WMM, but have just scratched the surface of PD. However, I have started using PD to "enhance" most of my footage; This feature sharpens the picture, corrects exposure problems, and makes colors more vibrant.

This particular video took many days to make--I don't want to count how many. It would reveal how long I struggled pushing different keys on the computer, trying to make stuff work...

Rich
Sting Flight (Flying the Sting LSA)
http://www.youtube.com/user/9162069934/featured
deltafox

Post by deltafox »

Thanks for sharing. I agree that the learning curve with the software seems to take a long time. I try to find a new feature with each new video...and that is going to take some time before I come proficient. If nothing else its a great way to enhance my log book.
Dave