ADS-B In/Out for Experimental

Are you building/buying/flying an Experimental Amateur-Built (E-AB) or Experimental Light Sport (E-LSA) aircraft? Converting an S-LSA to E-LSA? Changing or adding equipment, or otherwise modifying an S-LSA? Need help with Letters of Authorization? Or maybe designing your own aircraft? This forum is the place to discuss All Things Experimental.

Moderator: drseti

Captain Bob

ADS-B In/Out for Experimental

Postby Captain Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:38 pm

I fly an Arion Lightning LS-1 with a GRT EFIS Sport SX as my primary instrument display which has PFD, Engine, & MAP components. I also have a Garmin 37X which is a moving GPS map display with airport information. The comm is a Garmin SL30 and a GTX 327 transponder. I want to comply with the upcoming requirement for ADS-B out and would also like to have the traffic information displayed on my primary flight displays whether on the GRT or the Garmin.
As this is an experimental registered LSA I have some latitude in the equipment I install as long as it meet the requirements of ATC and the upcoming rule that take effect on Jan 1, 2020.
I'm looking for some suggestions as to both the best and most reliable as well as an affordable and economical way to get the information on my cockpit displays.
Capt Bob
Attachments
Full Panel.jpeg
The whole Panel
Full Panel.jpeg (189.25 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
GRT Panel 1.jpg
Screen of my GRT EFIS Sport SX in flight
GRT Panel 1.jpg (146.74 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Blue Skies & Tailwinds,
Captain Bob

3Dreaming

Re: ADS-B In/Out for Experimental

Postby 3Dreaming » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 pm

eyeflygps wrote:Be careful that whatever you purchase meets the TSO performance requirements. Some say they do when they don't.

Or it might be that they do, but someone in a position of authority thinks they don't

Return to “Experimenter's Corner”