VOWI 8 German homebuilt design from 1973

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Cub flyer

VOWI 8 German homebuilt design from 1973

Post by Cub flyer »

I was wandering through December 1973 sport aviation and found a small article on the VOWI 8 designed by Helmut Wilden of Hennef/Sieg West Germany.

It's a cute little pusher, all composite and appears suited for LSA. Wonder what happened to it?

Another thing that struck me was the similarity to the CT stabilator, fuselage and wings. The photo shows T tail but the 3 view is of a more conventional location. The Sport aviation 3 view is more detailed and different than the internet version.

Since this was a molded design I wonder if the molds survived somewhere and the flying surfaces were used on another design? Might make a neat amphibian using the CT wing.

http://books.google.com/books?id=iEfJSM ... #PPA141,M1
"Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away." Antoine de Saint Exupery