EuroFox drivers out there?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

garyo1939

EuroFox drivers out there?

Post by garyo1939 »

Just wondering if there are any EuroFox flyers out there. I have one and it is a well made sturdy plane patterned after the Avid and the Kitfox taking the best of each more or less and putting some of their own engineering inovations to work on it. Workmanship and detail are first class.

Just wondering if anyone on the list here has seen or flown one and what they think of it.

Also mine is availiable to be seen and take rides in. Love to give rides and pickup on the talents of others who have more time and experience as pilots, especially with these type craft. I live in Bakersfield, CA.
GARY N ORPE
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Gary,
I have seen the Eurofox in magazines and it looks like a nice plane. I've never seen one in person. I have a Kitfox. Post a photo of your plane. I'd like to see it. Here's mine:

Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
Convertible Nose Wheel & Tail Wheel
912A / Warp Drive Prop
garyo1939

Post by garyo1939 »

If I knew how to insert a picture I would. You can see them at the following URL www.eurofox-usa.com
GARY N ORPE
westwindsportstar

Post by westwindsportstar »

Anyone looked at the new Apollo Fox? Looked at it briefly at Sebring.
garyo1939

Post by garyo1939 »

What did you think of it. I pondered buying one but thought the workmanship to not be up to par. I decided on the EuroFox because of the quality and that there are over 250 now flying. It is lama certified and cheaper to own in the long run. The price you see is what you pay, nothing extra. This is in itself unusual because most want you to pay additional for the registration, airworthines, test flights, and shipping to their location. I had priced an Allegro 2000 at slightly more than $50,000. By the time the purchase agreement was made up it came in at over $85,000. &35,000 for what? So this is something to be aware of if anyone decides to purchase one of these SLSA's. I understand the $1700 Enigma display needs GPS and another $1700 for the sensors to make it work. Still to much hidden there for me. If I were in Florida it might be easier decision to make. :wink: But I can't beat the one I have for any amount of money. Worth every penny.

People's desires and needs run the gammit so not one fits all. There are several very nice machines out there to ponder, but with the same equipment are they really worth twice as much?
GARY N ORPE
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Gary,
To insert photos, go to http://photobucket.com, and set up a free account. upload your photos there and insert the link here.
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
912A / Warp Drive Prop
garyo1939

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/garyo1/P6290005.jpg

Post by garyo1939 »

I will try this. This was taken at Marysville during the Golden West show there.

Not very good but I have more like the dash:

GARY N ORPE
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Gary,
Very, very nice looking plane. Looks like there is plenty of room in the cabin. How wide is it?
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
912A / Warp Drive Prop
DKarnage

Post by DKarnage »

8)
garyo1939

Post by garyo1939 »

The cabin is larger than a C-150 by a bunch. It is 44.1 inches wide. For full info, check out the web site
http://eurofox-usa.com
GARY N ORPE
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Sweet! Very sweet!! :D :D :D
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
912A / Warp Drive Prop
eurofoxjames

Post by eurofoxjames »

Hi Gary--hope things are going well on the West coast. I will post a few pic myself

EuroFox N617B
DKarnage

Post by DKarnage »

::sigh::...one day
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Oh Yea! Again, very, very sweet!! :D :D :D
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
912A / Warp Drive Prop
westwindsportstar

Post by westwindsportstar »

Sorry didn't reply sooner.
I only looked at the Apollo Fox briefly so I really couldn't make much of a comment on it. They mentioned the possibility of putting it on amphibs and that was what got my interest up a bit.

I have looked at the Eurofox and it is a very nice looking airplane and the price is fantastic. How is it having to deal directly with the importer,(ie no dealer network).

What is a realistic cruise speed? useful load on your Eurofox. How does it handle x-winds etc, I use a Sportstar for flight training and it handles wind and turbulence pretty well. Better in the wind than our 150/172. Never flown one and a bit curious.